Friday 11 May 2012

Insanity day 1

So I've decided I'm going to follow this fitness programme- and I'd like to share this experience with you. I'm a normal person (!) 38 years old mother of 2. I'm desperate for a toned stomach, bum and arms.

You might be wondering on my fitness level at present- I exercise about 3/4 times a week for about 40 mins and i occasionally run (try to do it once a week). I would say i'm moderately fit.

I started by measuring all my vitals (arms, waist, thighs, hips) and writing them down (SHOCKING!) and then I took some photos of my body (horrible) from frontal view and side view (does my belly really stick out that far???)

Day 1 of the insanity work out means you have to do a fitness test to see how fit you are at the start of the 60 days. Well, the exercises are CRAZY hard, you have to count how many you do of each in one minute and record it on the fitness table in the pack. Some of the exercises are HARDCORE and were way beyond my capibility- i found i couldn't even do a single "push-up jack" which is a cross between a push up and a jumping jack. My arms are really weak and I spent a bit of time trying to do some normal push-ups as I know these exercises feature in the programme.
Sean T is there all the way through, telling you how you should "keep going, I know it hurts" and to push on through the pain, but that's small consolation for the actual pain you feel!!

Anyway, I've done it now and feel loads better although my thighs are hurting (but that's good right??) I even feel like i might try one of his recommended meals for tea! (you get a meal planner booklet with the dvd's too)
In case your wondering there is a day by day wall chart thingy which tells you what dvd to follow (which exercises)

i'm actually feeling fab and really looking forward to tomorrow's workout!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment